How to boot Live EvrenOS from USB
This article guides how users can boot the EvrenOS from a Live USB without installation.
1. First, you may need to disable Secure Boot in BIOS to boot the EvrenOS Live USB.
2. Press ESC, F1, F2, F10, or F12 during the initial startup screen. (Depending on the company that created your version of BIOS, a BIOS menu may appear.) Kindly refer to the BIOS menu keys per manufacturer.
Please review the articles below on disabling Secure Boot on Lenovo & Dell machines.
⚠️ If Secure Boot has already been disabled, skip the steps above to proceed with Evren OS installation.
3. Please also make sure the USB Boot under the Boot Configuration Page is set to Enabled.
4. Once you have disabled Secure Boot, press (F10) Save and Exit, and the machine shall restart. During the initial startup screen, please hit ESC, F8, F9, F10, or F12. (Depending on the company that created your version of BIOS, a Boot menu may appear.) Kindly refer to the Boot menu keys per manufacturer.
5. You may use the arrow keys on your keyboard to select the USB device containing the EvrenOS by clicking Enter.
6. Your laptop/PC will boot using the USB drive that contains the Live EvrenOS.
7. Next, please connect your laptop/PC to an internet connection by choosing the respective SSID & inserting the password.
8. Please note that it will take a few minutes to boot the OS.
9. If your IT Admin hasn't set up default credentials in the Auto Enrollment section on the Evren Admin Portal, you may need to create a user account during the Initial Configuration manually.
10. Once on the login screen, please insert the Username and password.
- Once you have finished using the EvrenOS, please shut down the laptop/PC and remove the USB.
- You must re-enable Secure Boot in BIOS to operate your existing Windows OS.